A&E Puts THE BEAST To Rest, Series Canceled
A&E‘s decision to cancel “The Beast” was all but inevitable with the series’ lead, Patrick Swayze, caught in a difficult battle with cancer. While the announcement was not surprising it is still a sad marker for such an enjoyable actor.
“The Beast,” a police drama that starred the ailing Patrick Swayze, will not return for a second season, A&E announced Monday.
But Swayze was unstinting in a rough-and-tumble performance that he maintained while battling pancreatic cancer throughout. His illness had no discernible effect on his gritty portrayal.
A&E president Bob DeBitetto called the performance “an inspiration to us all.”
DeBitetto said the series “has truly been a labor of love for everyone,” but added that “after careful deliberation we have reluctantly decided not to attempt a second season.”
I’m glad A&E didn’t try to capitalize on the situation and bring in a replacement or bend the story to replace Swayze. Perhaps one day they’ll be able to pick up where they left off.
Source: THRDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Doctor Strange UK Featurette Movie Clip Hit The Net
- New NCIS New Orleans Season 3,Premiere Episode 1 Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- New Rogue One Movie Pic Features Jyn Erso All Bound Up
- New Walking Dead Season 7 Negan Spoiler Promo Clip Released
- Dancing With The Stars Season 23 Celebs & Pro Dance Partners Revealed