Dan Aykroyd Wants Rogen And Apatow To Cross Streams
Rumors floated around like Slimer that Ghostbusters was being renewed by Seth Rogen and Judd Apatow’s clan. Both Rogen and Apatow denied the story, but turns out there was at least some truth to the matter. Ghostbusters is in fact being revived, just not by funnyman Apatow. Not yet at least.
E! went straight to the source, Dan Aykroyd, to get details:
“Two sharp young writers in Hollywood are reported to be writing the sequel, the third movie now. If I could interest Seth [Rogen] and Judd [Apatow] to be part of it, that would certainly be a dream.”
Awesome. I loved Ghostbusters, but who didn’t? The tough call here is whether or not G3 should be a sequel or a complete reboot that are so popular these days. I’d rather see a sequel with a next-gen team of ghost hunters. There’s just no way you could remake Bill Murray’s Peter Venkman. Not gonna happen.
Update: THR snagged the names of the two anonymous writers Aykroyd referenced:
Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg.
The studio has recruited “The Office” writer-producers to work on a new installment of the 1980s franchise that starred Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis as bumbling ghost-hunting scientists.
The original filmmakers, including director Ivan Reitman, and cast are aware of the project and involved in its development. Some original cast members might be involved, but the focus will be on a new cast of Ghostbusters.
Sweet! Just what I wanted to hear about G3.
Check out the video of the interview below:
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Vampire Diaries Season 5 Katherine & Elena Fun Spoiler Teasers Dished Out
- Vampire Diaries Season 5 Jeremy’s Resurrection To Cause A Few Problems For Him & More
- Nashville Season 2 Peggy To Get More Screentime As Possible New Regular,New Spoiler
- New Law And Order SVU Season 15 Totally In The Works,New Spoilers On The Way
- New Johnny Depp 4th Lone Ranger Movie Trailer Hit The Net Yesterday