Fox Doesn’t Want You To Watch The Watchmen
“Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
Alfred was talking about The Joker in “The Dark Knight”, but he could have been talking about 20th Century Fox. Set to release in March 2009 is Warner Bros. long awaited adaptation of Alan Moore’s graphic novel “Watchmen”, but Fox is suing to keep that from happening.
Fox contends that they have long held the rights to an film based on the story written in 1986 and after 20 years of inactivity they’re none too happy to see another studio make the release. Warner Bros. has offered money, but Fox says, “no dice”:
Fox’s legal team says it isn’t looking for monetary compensation and instead wants to prevent the big-budget film from being released altogether.
With “Watchmen” in post-production and just seven months from release there needs to be some serious resolution to this issue. I have no idea if Fox wants to stamp their name on this and take it away from Warner or are they aiming to send it to the trash and make their own? Either way it’s making me nervous!Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Doctor Strange UK Featurette Movie Clip Hit The Net
- New NCIS New Orleans Season 3,Premiere Episode 1 Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- New Rogue One Movie Pic Features Jyn Erso All Bound Up
- New Walking Dead Season 7 Negan Spoiler Promo Clip Released
- Dancing With The Stars Season 23 Celebs & Pro Dance Partners Revealed