Fox Won’t Back Down; Warner Ready To Fight For Watchmen
No good will come of this. 20th Century Fox, bolstered by last week’s judicial ruling in their favor, is again stating that they have no intention of backing down from the pending January court date. Opposing them in the battle for the rights to “Watchmen”, Warner Bros. says they are ready for the fight:
Warner Bros.’ message to Fox regarding “Watchmen” copyright infringement can be summed up this way: Bring it on.
In a defiant statement issued Monday, Warners said it was prepared to go to trial or to appeal last week’s ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Gary Feess, who stated that the studio had infringed on Fox’s copyright in making the adaptation of the Alan Moore superhero graphic novel.
“We respectfully but vigorously disagree with the court’s ruling and are exploring all of our appellate options,” the studio said. “We continue to believe that Fox’s claims have no merit and that we will ultimately prevail, whether at trial or in the Court of Appeals.”
Fox is looking for an injunction against the planned March release. Warner Bros. is looking for a judge to say they own the clear rights to distribute the finished, packaged, and ready “Watchmen” movie. The big loser here will undoubtedly be you and me. Grrr…
Source: THRDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- Doctor Who Season 8 Totally In The Works,New Spoilers Coming Soon
- New Criminal Minds Season 8,Finale Episodes 23 & 24 Second Spoiler Clip Hit The Net
- Miguel Totally Crushed A Girl’s Head At 2013 Billboard Awards Other Night,New Clip
- New Revolution Episode 19,Season 1 Intense Spoilers & Clips Hit The Net
- New True Blood Season 6,Episode 3 New Promo Pic Hit The Net