Heath Ledger For Best Supporting Actor: Warner Bros Promotes ‘Consideration’
There was a huge amount of buzz back in July over Heath Ledger’s performance as The Joker in “The Dark Knight.” People seriously questioned whether or not Ledger would bring about an Oscar nod and even win it for Best Supporting Actor. Warner Bros. is behind the push this time when the release of full page ads in Variety like the poster below.
While Ledger wouldn’t be the first posthumous win for Best Actor he would be the first dead actor to be nominated. Peter Finch won it for “Network” in 1976, but secured the win after dying postnomination.
I’d love to see Ledger be nominated for his impressive performance, but no, I don’t think he can win it. The Academy just doesn’t trend towards the action genre for such award categories. And while many people have said there isn’t any competition this year, I think they’re wrong and so does /Film:
He will have to contend with Michael Shannon in Revolutionary Road, Philip Seymour Hoffman in Doubt, John Malkovich in Changeling, Ralph Fiennes in Duchess, John Malkovich and Brad Pitt in Burn After Reading and Robert Downey, Jr. in Tropic Thunder.
It’ll be tough. Do you think Heath Ledger can win Best Supporting Actor?
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New True Blood Season 6,Episode 3 New Promo Pic Hit The Net
- New Superman,Man Of Steel Movie Pic Shows Clark Kent,Muscle Shirt,Fiery Action
- Dexter Season 8 Debra Wishes She Killed Dexter & More,New Spoiler Clip
- Transformers 4 Movie Bringing On New Asian Actress For Only God Knows What
- New Superman,Man Of Steel Movie Pic Shows First Look At Clark Kent In Crystal Fortress