Hollywood Legend Paul Newman Has Died
Actor, director, and philanthropist Paul Newman has passed away at age 83 after losing his battle with lung cancer. Newman’s acting career spanned over 50 years with his final film appearance in 2002’s “Road to Perdition” though he continued voiceover work (Disney’s “Cars”) and TV appearances in more recent years.
Advancing age caused him to announce his retirement from acting last year. “You start to lose your memory, your confidence, your invention,” he said on ABC’s Good Morning America in May of 2007. “So that’s pretty much a closed book for me.”
Newman begin his acting career in the early 50’s but became a household name with his work during the 60’s with “The Hustler”, “Cool Hand Luke”, and “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid”. His philanthropy work was extensive with over $175 million from his brand, “Newman’s Own”, going to children’s charities.
Paul Newman was a great influence in the world and will be greatly missed.Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Doctor Strange UK Featurette Movie Clip Hit The Net
- New NCIS New Orleans Season 3,Premiere Episode 1 Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- New Rogue One Movie Pic Features Jyn Erso All Bound Up
- New Walking Dead Season 7 Negan Spoiler Promo Clip Released
- Dancing With The Stars Season 23 Celebs & Pro Dance Partners Revealed