Iron Man 2 Casting: Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell Join In
With the still scheduled release of “Iron Man 2″ in just 16 months (May 2010) it’s great to hear they’re progressing on villains that can stand up to the likes of Jeff Bridges in the original. While some sources are “confirming” and others are noting this casting news as “rumor” I’m going to jump to the “practically confirmed” category:
A very tight lid is being kept on the script, but it is known that [Mickey] Rourke would play a tattooed Russian heavy named Ivan who becomes Whiplash, a man with deadly, technologically enhanced coils.
[Sam] Rockwell would play Justin Hammer, a multibillionaire businessman and a rival of industrialist Anthony Stark, a.k.a. Iron Man, a role being reprised by Robert Downey Jr.
This is awesome news for Iron Man fans. I’m a big fan of Sam Rockwell ever since his work in “Confessions of a Dangerous Mind” and as soon as Mickey Rourke’s “The Wrestler” comes to a close theater I’m going. Both of these additions to the cast can only help the Iron Man sequel which will have mountains of hype and pressure upon it.
Source: ReutersDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- Big Brother 15 New,Very First Promo,Commercial Clip Hit The Net
- New Avengers 2 Movie Scarlet Witch,Quicksilver To Bring Trouble & More,New Spoilers
- New Superman,Man Of Steel Movie Pic Shows Shocked Lois Lane Close Up Action
- New Superman,Man Of Steel Movie Pic Shows Crazy Superman With Falling Truck Action
- Arrow Season 2 Roy Harper Upgraded To Regular For More Screentime & More,New Spoiler