Iron Man Rockets Past $300 Million Domestic Today
After breaking the $100 million mark in its debut weekend, “Iron Man” has gone on to break the $300 million domestic (U.S. and Canada) barrier today. This achievement marks the first movie of 2008 to do so, take that “One Missed Call”! Iron’s international pull has increased to nearly $550 million in the past six weeks. Good gravy.
To provide a comparison, “Spider-man 3″ managed the $300M feat in just 23 days back in 2007 while “Iron Man” took 51 days. Considering how much of a fanbase Spidey had after two previous films it’s amazing to see “Iron Man” do it with such ease.
“Indiana Jones” isn’t far behind with roughly $275 million after this past weekend. I doubt we’ll see “Hulk” get up there, but with $55 million last weekend it’s certainly no slouch at the box office either.
Kudos to the cast and crew! I can’t wait to see “Iron Man 2“!
Source: THRDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- Doctor Who Season 8 Totally In The Works,New Spoilers Coming Soon
- New Criminal Minds Season 8,Finale Episodes 23 & 24 Second Spoiler Clip Hit The Net
- Miguel Totally Crushed A Girl’s Head At 2013 Billboard Awards Other Night,New Clip
- New Revolution Episode 19,Season 1 Intense Spoilers & Clips Hit The Net
- New True Blood Season 6,Episode 3 New Promo Pic Hit The Net