James Franco, Anne Hathaway will host 2011 Oscars
James Franco and Anne Hathaway will serve as co-hosts of the 83rd Academy Awards, Oscar telecast producers Bruce Cohen and Don Mischer announced today.
That’s quite an interesting move. I can’t recall anyone as young as either of them ever hosting the Oscars. At least not in my time. And Franco? He’s a potential nominee for “127 Hours.” Or at least he’s getting early buzz. How will that work? A host being nominated for an Oscar and possibly winning? Interesting. It should all be very interesting.
Sounds like producers are trying bring some youth to the telecast. “James Franco and Anne Hathaway personify the next generation of Hollywood icons— fresh, exciting and multi-talented. We hope to create an Oscar broadcast that will both showcase their incredible talents and entertain the world on February 27,” said Cohen and Mischer. “We are completely thrilled that James and Anne will be joining forces with our brilliant creative team to do just that.”
Let’s just hope all the nominees aren’t oldsters. That’ll foil their plans to bring youth to the show.
The Oscars will air Feb. 27 on ABC. The nominations will be announced Jan. 25.Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- Bachelor In Paradise Eliminated Brooks,And Jesse Quit In Episode 6 Tonight,September 1st
- New Hunger Games 3,Mockingjay Movie Poster Shows Mesalla Rebel Gun Toting Action
- New Batman V Superman Set Pics Show Lex Luthor Actor Head Covering Action
- New NCIS Season 12,Episode 1 First Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- New NCIS Season 12,Episode 1 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By CBS