Johnny Depp Just Got Paid With Pirate Gold
Last month when I told you how Johnny Depp had signed on with Disney to return as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean 4 I speculated that Disney would break the bank to make it happen. Turns out they did so in a big, record breaking way.
Johnny Depp has just become the highest up-front paid actor ever to the tune of $59.2 million! Arrrgghh, that’s a lot of pirates’ gold. Depp beat out the recent record holder, Tom Hanks, who was given $53.6 million to return as
weird haircut guy Robert Langdon in the “Da Vinci Code” prequel/sequel “Angels & Demons”
WENN speculates that it will be highly unlikely to see either Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightley return to the high seas with Depp. Knightley expressed those sentiments recently saying, “I had an amazing journey with those three films. But I think it’s [time to do] different things.” No word either way yet from Bloom.
Can Pirates 4 be successful with just Johnny Depp at the helm? I think so.Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Nashville Season 2 Totally Happening,New Spoilers Are On The Way
- New Criminal Minds Season 9 Definitely In The Works,New Spoilers Coming Soon
- New Grimm Season 3 Totally In The Works,New Spoilers Coming Soon
- Dancing With The Stars 16 Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough Won The Whole Show Tonight
- Megan Fox Spotted Working With Weapons On New Mutant Ninja Turtles Set,New Pic