‘Mad Men’ recap: All about ‘The Beautiful Girls’
“Mad Men,” Season 4, Episode 9: “The Beautiful Girls”
It’s about time the women over shadow the men on “Mad Men.” From little Sally Draper to ancient Ida Blankenship, Sunday’s “Mad Men” was all about the woman.
“The Beautiful Girls” episode adds to what’s shaping up to be the best season of “Mad Men” yet. We see Sally run away from home to find Don, furthering proof that Betty is the worst mother in history. Joan, seeking comfort as a now-Vietnam soldier’s wife, finds her way back into Roger’s arms. Peggy continues to roar as an independent woman. Dr. Faye won’t apologize for choosing her career over motherhood. And Ida Blankenship kicks the bucket at her desk.
The episode closes with Joan (Christina Hendricks), Peggy (Elisabeth Moss) and Dr. Faye (Cara Buono) standing side by side in an elevator. One of the best parts of the episode is drawing your own conclusions on the symbolism of that final scene.Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Doctor Strange UK Featurette Movie Clip Hit The Net
- New NCIS New Orleans Season 3,Premiere Episode 1 Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- New Rogue One Movie Pic Features Jyn Erso All Bound Up
- New Walking Dead Season 7 Negan Spoiler Promo Clip Released
- Dancing With The Stars Season 23 Celebs & Pro Dance Partners Revealed