MTV Movie Awards Ratings Fall but Profanity Abounds
The Twilight: New Moon frenzy, Sandra Bullock kissing Scarlet Johansson and Tom Cruise‘s crazy dancing just weren’t enough to save the MTV Movie Awards this year from a fall in ratings from last year.
The MTV Movie Awards on Sunday night brought in only 4.6 million viewers, compared to 5.3 million last year on MTV, according to USA Today. However, the addition of a simulcast on VH1 and MTV2 reportedly brought the total viewership to 5.8 million. MTV claims at least 16.4 million people tuned in for at least a minute to the awards show.
Maybe viewers are just getting bored with awards shows in general, or maybe some were turned off by the extreme profanity all night long. Various celebrities spewed around 100 curse words during the course of the night, something MTV later apologized for.
“While we aired the live broadcast with a delay, we were unable to mute every word that some might find objectionable,” MTV said in a press statement. “All of these words will be muted in subsequent airings… We sincerely apologize to those in our audience who were offended by any objectionable words that might have slipped by for the live airing.”
>> Previously: Twilight: New Moon Sweeps MTV Movie AwardsDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- Amazing Race 24,All Stars Eliminated Joey & Meghan In Episode 3 Tonight
- New X Men,Days Of Future Past Sentinel Digital & Actual Design Details Revealed By Director
- New Batman Vs Superman Filming Has Reportedly Started Plus New Press Footage Clip
- New Beauty And The Beast Season 2,Episode 16 Second Spoiler Clip Hit The Net
- How I Met Your Mother Season 9,Episode 20 Two New Spoiler Clips Hit The Net