MTV Movie Awards Ratings Fall but Profanity Abounds
The Twilight: New Moon frenzy, Sandra Bullock kissing Scarlet Johansson and Tom Cruise‘s crazy dancing just weren’t enough to save the MTV Movie Awards this year from a fall in ratings from last year.
The MTV Movie Awards on Sunday night brought in only 4.6 million viewers, compared to 5.3 million last year on MTV, according to USA Today. However, the addition of a simulcast on VH1 and MTV2 reportedly brought the total viewership to 5.8 million. MTV claims at least 16.4 million people tuned in for at least a minute to the awards show.
Maybe viewers are just getting bored with awards shows in general, or maybe some were turned off by the extreme profanity all night long. Various celebrities spewed around 100 curse words during the course of the night, something MTV later apologized for.
“While we aired the live broadcast with a delay, we were unable to mute every word that some might find objectionable,” MTV said in a press statement. “All of these words will be muted in subsequent airings… We sincerely apologize to those in our audience who were offended by any objectionable words that might have slipped by for the live airing.”
>> Previously: Twilight: New Moon Sweeps MTV Movie AwardsDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Jurassic World Movie Pic Shows Extreme Dinosaur Chase Action
- New American Horror Story Season 4,Episode 11 Intense Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- New Elementary Season 3,Episode 9 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By CBS
- New Glee Season 6,Episodes 1 & 2 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By FOX
- New Good Wife Season 6,Episode 11 Wild Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net