NBC Picks Up ‘Kath & Kim’ For Full Season
Get ready for more “Kath & Kim” on NBC. The peacock network has just picked up “Kath & Kim” for the back half of its freshman season with nine additional episodes on top of its current run of thirteen:
NBC’s nine-episode order of “Kath,” also made Friday, follows a Nielsen uptick Thursday, when the show drew 5.5 million viewers and a 2.4 rating in 18-49. The UMS/Reveille-produced comedy, a U.S. version of the hit Australian half-hour, maintained its “My Name Is Earl” lead-in. In its four airings, “Kath” has averaged 6 million viewers and a 2.6/6 in 18-49.
“‘Kath & Kim’ is a show we love and believe in,” NBC Entertainment executive vp Teri Weinberg said. “We have incredible confidence in the creative auspices of this show, and we believe it’s a perfect fit with our Thursday-night comedies.”
So with an average of 6 million viewers no one should be patting themselves on the back too hard just yet for “Kath & Kim”, especially when its on NBC’s biggest night for comedy series. I’ve never seen the original foreign version of the comedy, but from what I’ve seen so far there’s a lot of room for growth. Looks like NBC feels the same way.
Source: THRDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Nashville Season 2 Totally Happening,New Spoilers Are On The Way
- New Criminal Minds Season 9 Definitely In The Works,New Spoilers Coming Soon
- New Grimm Season 3 Totally In The Works,New Spoilers Coming Soon
- Dancing With The Stars 16 Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough Won The Whole Show Tonight
- Megan Fox Spotted Working With Weapons On New Mutant Ninja Turtles Set,New Pic