NEVERENDING STORY Remake – Please Don’t Do It
Please, Hollywood, stop destroying my childhood. You’ve taken almost everything I have and cranked it through the “remake machine” just to make a few bucks. Now even the distant land of Fantasia is in danger with a pending remake of The NeverEnding Story:
The Kennedy/Marshall Co. (“The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”) and Leonard DiCaprio’s shingle Appian Way are in discussions with Warners about reviving the 25-year-old NeverEnding Story franchise with a modern spin. The studio recently acquired rights to the property, clearing the way for a potential remake.
The new pic — which original producer Dieter Geissler also will produce and Sarah Schechter and Jesse Ehrman will oversee for Warners — will examine the more nuanced details of the book that were glossed over in the first pic.
Great. A whole new generation of children in tears thanks to the Swamp of Sadness. Spoiler: the horse dies! The kid’s horse freakin’ dies!Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- NCIS Season 11 Spoilers: Intense Investigator Richard Parsons Returning In Ep 1 & More
- New Game Of Thrones Season 3,Finale Episode 10 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed
- New Star Trek 3 Is Happening With Possible 2016 Release Date Plus New Spoilers
- New Star Trek 2,Into Darkness Movie Delivered Great Action,Drama,Twists & More
- New NCIS Season 11 Tons Of New Spoilers Dished By Producer Gary Glasberg