Nic Cage To Redo “Con Air” As “Con Prison” For John Carpenter
Remember Nicolas Cage as the felon with a heart of gold in “Con Air”? Yeah, I love those movies where the folks running the prisons are the bad guys and the prisoners are just misunderstood. Anyway, John Carpenter has just hooked Cage to his project “Scared Straight” where he’ll play, you guessed it, a felon with a heart of gold.
Nicolas Cage is in final negotiations to star in John Carpenter’s Scared Straight, a prison thriller about a troubled youth who is sent to the Scared Straight crime-prevention program. But when a riot breaks out and the prisoners take him hostage, a lifer (played by Cage) is forced to help the young man out.
There have been a few changes along the way as the project shifted from the hands of Rob Cohen, proud director of this weekend’s likely flop “The Mummy 3″, to Carpenter. The script was also rewritten by “The Guardian’s” scribe, Ron Brinkerhoff.
Source: /filmDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Batman V Superman Possible Aquaman Spoiler Teasers Revealed
- Grey’s Anatomy Season 11 Huge Meredith & Derek Spoiler Teaser Dished Out By Producer
- New Boardwalk Empire Season 5,Episode 4 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By HBO
- New Witches Of East End Season 2,Episode 11 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By Lifetime
- New The Strain Episode 12,Season 1 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By FX