Nic Cage To Redo “Con Air” As “Con Prison” For John Carpenter
Remember Nicolas Cage as the felon with a heart of gold in “Con Air”? Yeah, I love those movies where the folks running the prisons are the bad guys and the prisoners are just misunderstood. Anyway, John Carpenter has just hooked Cage to his project “Scared Straight” where he’ll play, you guessed it, a felon with a heart of gold.
Nicolas Cage is in final negotiations to star in John Carpenter’s Scared Straight, a prison thriller about a troubled youth who is sent to the Scared Straight crime-prevention program. But when a riot breaks out and the prisoners take him hostage, a lifer (played by Cage) is forced to help the young man out.
There have been a few changes along the way as the project shifted from the hands of Rob Cohen, proud director of this weekend’s likely flop “The Mummy 3″, to Carpenter. The script was also rewritten by “The Guardian’s” scribe, Ron Brinkerhoff.
Source: /filmDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- The Voice Season 5 Eliminated James Wolpert & Cole Vosbury Tonight,December 10th
- New Hunger Games 3,Mockingjay Primrose Death Filming Details Dished By Primrose Actress
- New Batman Vs Superman Movie Reportedly Adding 2 New Superman Villains To The Mix
- New Revenge Season 3,Episode 14 Exciting Party Spoilers & Title Hit The Net
- New Nashville Season 2,Episode 10 Shocking Death Spoiler Details Dished Out