Nic Cage To Redo “Con Air” As “Con Prison” For John Carpenter
Remember Nicolas Cage as the felon with a heart of gold in “Con Air”? Yeah, I love those movies where the folks running the prisons are the bad guys and the prisoners are just misunderstood. Anyway, John Carpenter has just hooked Cage to his project “Scared Straight” where he’ll play, you guessed it, a felon with a heart of gold.
Nicolas Cage is in final negotiations to star in John Carpenter’s Scared Straight, a prison thriller about a troubled youth who is sent to the Scared Straight crime-prevention program. But when a riot breaks out and the prisoners take him hostage, a lifer (played by Cage) is forced to help the young man out.
There have been a few changes along the way as the project shifted from the hands of Rob Cohen, proud director of this weekend’s likely flop “The Mummy 3″, to Carpenter. The script was also rewritten by “The Guardian’s” scribe, Ron Brinkerhoff.
Source: /filmDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Avengers 2 Movie To Introduce A New Hero Team Of Before The Conclusion,New Details
- New Reign Season 2,Episode 6 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By CW
- New Hunger Games 3,Mockingjay Fourth Movie Trailer Hit The Net
- New Vampire Diaries Season 6,Episode 6 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By CW
- New Criminal Minds Season 10,Episode 6 Intense Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net