Nic Cage To Redo “Con Air” As “Con Prison” For John Carpenter
Remember Nicolas Cage as the felon with a heart of gold in “Con Air”? Yeah, I love those movies where the folks running the prisons are the bad guys and the prisoners are just misunderstood. Anyway, John Carpenter has just hooked Cage to his project “Scared Straight” where he’ll play, you guessed it, a felon with a heart of gold.
Nicolas Cage is in final negotiations to star in John Carpenter’s Scared Straight, a prison thriller about a troubled youth who is sent to the Scared Straight crime-prevention program. But when a riot breaks out and the prisoners take him hostage, a lifer (played by Cage) is forced to help the young man out.
There have been a few changes along the way as the project shifted from the hands of Rob Cohen, proud director of this weekend’s likely flop “The Mummy 3″, to Carpenter. The script was also rewritten by “The Guardian’s” scribe, Ron Brinkerhoff.
Source: /filmDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- Amazing Race 25 Maya Warren & Amy DeJong Won The Whole Show Tonight,November 19th
- New X Men Apocalypse & The Wolverine 3 Small Movie Details Revealed By Hugh Jackman
- New Transformers 5 Brief Movie Details Revealed By Mark Wahlberg,New Clip
- New Amazing Race Season 26 Totally Confirmed,Premiere Date Already Released
- New Night At The Museum 3,Secret Of The Tomb Received Mixed Reviews From Major Critics