Nic Cage To Redo “Con Air” As “Con Prison” For John Carpenter
Remember Nicolas Cage as the felon with a heart of gold in “Con Air”? Yeah, I love those movies where the folks running the prisons are the bad guys and the prisoners are just misunderstood. Anyway, John Carpenter has just hooked Cage to his project “Scared Straight” where he’ll play, you guessed it, a felon with a heart of gold.
Nicolas Cage is in final negotiations to star in John Carpenter’s Scared Straight, a prison thriller about a troubled youth who is sent to the Scared Straight crime-prevention program. But when a riot breaks out and the prisoners take him hostage, a lifer (played by Cage) is forced to help the young man out.
There have been a few changes along the way as the project shifted from the hands of Rob Cohen, proud director of this weekend’s likely flop “The Mummy 3″, to Carpenter. The script was also rewritten by “The Guardian’s” scribe, Ron Brinkerhoff.
Source: /filmDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Jurassic World Promo Pic Shows Giant Apatosaurus Dinosaur Action
- New Person Of Interest Season 4,Episode 17 Not Airing Tonight,Delayed Until Next Week
- New NCIS Season 12,Episode 17 Not Airing Tonight,Delayed Til Next Week
- New Pretty Little Liars Season 5,Episode 23 Official Spoilers,Description Revealed By ABC Family
- New NCIS Season 12,Episode 17 Official Spoilers,Description Revealed By CBS