Nic Cage To Redo “Con Air” As “Con Prison” For John Carpenter
Remember Nicolas Cage as the felon with a heart of gold in “Con Air”? Yeah, I love those movies where the folks running the prisons are the bad guys and the prisoners are just misunderstood. Anyway, John Carpenter has just hooked Cage to his project “Scared Straight” where he’ll play, you guessed it, a felon with a heart of gold.
Nicolas Cage is in final negotiations to star in John Carpenter’s Scared Straight, a prison thriller about a troubled youth who is sent to the Scared Straight crime-prevention program. But when a riot breaks out and the prisoners take him hostage, a lifer (played by Cage) is forced to help the young man out.
There have been a few changes along the way as the project shifted from the hands of Rob Cohen, proud director of this weekend’s likely flop “The Mummy 3”, to Carpenter. The script was also rewritten by “The Guardian’s” scribe, Ron Brinkerhoff.
Source: /filmDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Quantico Episode 11,Season 1 Shocking Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- New Once Upon A Time Season 5,Episode 12 Wild Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- Homeland Season 5,Episode 11 Three New Spoiler Clips Hit The Net
- New Gotham Season 2,Episode 12 Not Airing Tonight,Delayed Until February 2016
- New NCIS Los Angeles Season 7,Episode 9 Official Spoilers,Description Revealed By CBS