REAPER Season 2 Premiere “Episode IV: A New Hope” Review
“Reaper” Episode 201: Episode IV: A New Hope
Fans of CW’s “Reaper” will be happy to know that season 2 starts out strong. 15 second recap if you missed the first season- Sam (Bret Harrison) finds out on his 21st birthday that his parents sold his soul to the devil and now he must be the devil’s bounty hunter. Forever. Yeah, that sucks.
So the first episode of season 2 primarily finds Sam grappling with his relationships with Andi (Missy Peregrym) and the Devil (a perfect Ray Wise). The show has always had a fairly consistent construct each episode (ie- The Devil gives Sam a soul to capture, Sam captures said soul, etc.) with the lives of Sam and his friends, family, and work colleagues interspersed. “Reaper” has done a good job of keeping this formula from being stale by tweaking things from time to time- like this time having to capture 20+ souls who look like “Fight Club” rejects with a vessel that’s on a delay. Nice, Devil.
The plot of the series is advanced (“Can Sam find a way out of his deal with the Devil?”), there’s a great scene with Sam, Ben (Rick Gonzalez), Sock (a very funny Tyler Labine), and a case of beer, and I think the Devil may be a “Karate Kid” fan. Sweet.
A welcome return for an original series that doesn’t disappoint. If you haven’t checked “Reaper” out yet, what are you waiting for???
Season Two of Reaper premieres On Tuesday, March 3 at 8pm on the CW.Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- Dancing With The Stars 16 Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough Won The Whole Show Tonight
- Megan Fox Spotted Working With Weapons On New Mutant Ninja Turtles Set,New Pic
- Megan Fox Spotted Sexy As Hell In New Mutant Ninja Turtles Set Video
- New Superman,Man Of Steel Poster Shows New General Zod Intense Upclose Action
- New Superman,Man Of Steel Movie Pic Shows Young Clark With His Space Ship Action