ROBOCOP Remake Delayed Until 2011
“Robocop” won’t be returning to theaters in 2010 as originally planned but you won’t have to wait too much longer, says MGM:
An MGM spokesman told us the project is still on track — though not for a 2010 release, as reports initially suggested. The rep said that the studio had told distributors at an event a couple weeks ago to expect the movie in 2011. He said director Darren Aronofsky (The Wrestler, The Fountain) and screenwriter David Self (Road to Perdition) were still working on the script, and that no casting had been completed.
“Robocop” was an awesome 80′s flick and the attachment of Aronofsky as the director is comforting, but it’s one of those films that is going to seriously lose its edge if it drops from its hard R-rating to a PG-13. Scaling back the original level of violence is all the rage in these remakes which works for some, but not something I want to see leveled across all of them. Let’s hope for some awesome data-spike driven killings in 2011!
Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- Dancing With The Stars 16 Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough Won The Whole Show Tonight
- Megan Fox Spotted Working With Weapons On New Mutant Ninja Turtles Set,New Pic
- Megan Fox Spotted Sexy As Hell In New Mutant Ninja Turtles Set Video
- New Superman,Man Of Steel Poster Shows New General Zod Intense Upclose Action
- New Superman,Man Of Steel Movie Pic Shows Young Clark With His Space Ship Action