‘Titanic’ actress Gloria Stuart dies at 100
Gloria Stuart, the actress pretty much all of us only know as old Rose from “Titanic,” has died. She was 100.
Stuart had retired at acting in 1946 but returned to the craft in 1975. For “Titanic,” she earned an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress.
Stuart’s family said she died in her sleep.
Gloria Stuart Trivia (via imdb)
- She was the oldest person ever to be nominated for an Academy Award.
- Chosen by People Magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world (1998).
- Founding member of the Screen Actors Guild.
- She was the only cast member of “Titanic” (1997) who was alive at the time of the actual disaster.
- “Titanic” (1997) was her second film that featured a doomed ship. One of her early film, “Here Comes the Navy” (1934), was filmed aboard the USS Arizona.
- Mother-in-law of TV writer Gene Thompson.
- Shortened her last name from “Stewart” to “Stuart” because she thought its six letters balanced perfectly on a theater’s marquee with the six letters in “Gloria”.
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New General Hospital January 4th,2017 Spoilers. Finn Has To Pay The Piper & More
- New Power Rangers 2017 Movie Released 9th Poster Featuring Blue Ranger Action
- New Doctor Strange UK Featurette Movie Clip Hit The Net
- New NCIS New Orleans Season 3,Premiere Episode 1 Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- New Rogue One Movie Pic Features Jyn Erso All Bound Up