Tom Cruise To Reprise Maverick Role In Top Gun 2
Say what you will about Tom Cruise these days, but back in 1986 he was the man as Maverick in “Top Gun”. Yet the news of Cruise desperately seeking a return to his glory days with a possible route through a “Gun” sequel does not give me the warm fuzzies.
WENN is reporting that the British tabloid, “The Sun”, is reporting that Cruise has been approached to come back, but this time he won’t be in the cockpit:
The actor has been asked to reprise his role as cocky fighter-pilot Maverick, 22 years after the first film. A source tells British newspaper The Sun, “The idea is Maverick is at the Top Gun school as an instructor – and this time it is he who has to deal with a cocky new female pilot.”
How damn formulaic can you get? Does it really have to be a female pilot? Oh the sexual tension! She’ll pull up on her motorcycle and then speed off on said bike after their passionate love making. Wait, that was the first one!
Please tell me this won’t happen. Look Tom, we know you want back into our circle of movie approvals, but this isn’t the way to get there. Don’t desecrate Goose’s body. Not like this, Mav. Not like this!Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Doctor Strange UK Featurette Movie Clip Hit The Net
- New NCIS New Orleans Season 3,Premiere Episode 1 Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- New Rogue One Movie Pic Features Jyn Erso All Bound Up
- New Walking Dead Season 7 Negan Spoiler Promo Clip Released
- Dancing With The Stars Season 23 Celebs & Pro Dance Partners Revealed