Tom Selleck Says ‘I Wanna Be Magnum P.I.!’
Here’s some awesome news. Tom Selleck says he wants the title role in a “maybe happening” big screen adaptation of his hit 80′s television series, “Magnum P.I.”:
The 64-year-old actor starred as Thomas Magnum, a private investigator living in tropical Hawaii, in the 1980s series – one of the highest-rated shows on American television during its eight year run.
And Selleck is baffled that film chiefs have yet to tap him to revisit the role he made famous, insisting fans are pleading for his return.
He says, “They haven’t called, they haven’t written. I keep hearing they’re developing one but I don’t know whether I’m going to be in it… but they keep doing (fan) polls, and I keep winning them.”
Selleck is absolutely right. Everytime I hear the idea of a “Magnum” movie discussed there is overly strong support of bringing the man with the mustache back. Sure, he may be 64, but Harrison Ford was 112 when he picked up the whip for “Indiana Jones 4″ last summer. I think this would be a direct hit into marketing to go with it and a lot better than the terrible rumors I had heard before on alternatives which included, brace yourself, Nicolas Cage. I don’t even want to consider that as an option. Not a chance.Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Superman,Man Of Steel Story Plot Spoilers Revealed By Producer Deborah Snyder
- Kristen Stewart Spotted Double Flipping Off Pap Cams Again Over Robert Pattinson Break Up
- Amanda Bynes Totally Arrested For Marijuana Possession & Evidence Tossing Last Night
- New Hunger Games 2,Catching Fire Spoiler Teasers Dished By Jennifer Lawrence,Director & More
- New X Men,Days Of Future Past Set Pic Shows First Look Mystique AKA Jennifer Lawrence