Tuesday’s best bet: ‘I Love You, Man’
“I Love You, Man” hits the shelves Tuesday and is, by far, the only DVD or Blu-Ray worth picking up. Unless you’d prefer “Road Trip: Beer Pong.”
Mini Review: Hot on the heels of the “bromance” trend, “I Love You, Man” tells the story of Peter Klaven, a realtor who is about to get married but finds himself so friendless that he doesn’t have a best man.
Peter then embarks on a series of “man dates” and finds everything but a best friend. Enter Sydney Fife. Sydney is a brass man’s man who has his own man cave (equipped even with a masturbation station) and not a lot of manners. He’s the opposite of Peter in nearly every way. Will be be Peter’s answer to a best man and a best friend?
The plot is seriously ridiculous. Man dates? But the movie stars two of our Top 10 funny people, Paul Rudd and Jason Segel. The two as Peter and Sydney (respectively) are hilarious. Members of the Judd Apatow gang, they have amazing chemistry. It’s clear the two add libbed a lot of the movie and I like that.
Minus the plot, “I Love You, Man” is something I’ll want to add to my library. Totes magotes. B+
“I Love You, Man” Rated R. Available on DVD and Blu-Ray. Special features: Deleted scenes, extended scenes, gag reel, the making of, commentary with Director John Hamburg, Segel and Rudd.
By the way, the gag reel is one of the funniest I’ve ever seen. It’s definitely worth a click on the Special Features section.
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New X Men,Days Of Future Past Third TV Spot,Movie Clip Released
- New Batman Vs Superman Filming Details Revealed By Martha Kent Actress Diane Lane
- New Agents Of Shield Episode 20,Season 1 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By ABC
- New Person Of Interest Season 3,Episode 21 Not Airing Tonight,Delayed Until Next Week
- New Supernatural Season 9,Episode 20 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By CW