Update on two ‘Children of the Corn’ remakes
I know the original “Children of the Corn” was bad, but do we really need two remakes to make up for it?
Not only is SyFy (still can’t get over what a dumb re-name that was) airing a TV-movie version of “Children of the Corn,” Dimension has announced a theatrical remake already equipped with a screenwriter – Ehren Kruger (“Transformers 2,” “Scream 3”).
Based on the short story by Stephen King, “Children of the Corn” was first made into a motion picture in 1984. Starring Linda Hamilton and Peter Horton, it was a laughable film. Dimension executives think the story can be told much better.
“We felt the New World film was a missed opportunity,” Bob Weinstein told Variety. “If you read the short story, it’s got such a strong feeling to it and there’s this religious overtone to it as well. Ehren wants to hit it hard. It’s popular in Hollywood to say you re-envisioning a project but a lot of the time they’re just carbon copying the original. We are bringing something new to the story.”
The Dimension remake is not 100 perecent official, but the SyFy version apparently airs Saturday, Sept. 26.
Source: VarietyDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New General Hospital January 4th,2017 Spoilers. Finn Has To Pay The Piper & More
- New Power Rangers 2017 Movie Released 9th Poster Featuring Blue Ranger Action
- New Doctor Strange UK Featurette Movie Clip Hit The Net
- New NCIS New Orleans Season 3,Premiere Episode 1 Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- New Rogue One Movie Pic Features Jyn Erso All Bound Up