WB Greenlights ‘I Am Legend’ Prequel
After earning a quarter billion dollars at the box office last year, it should come as no surprise that Warner Bros. has found a way to return to Will Smith’s “I Am Legend”. Yesterday WB revealed details on the follow-up project which will be a prequel, kinda.
The storyline will have to be a prequel due to the better ending to “Legend” being left on the cutting room floor. But it won’t be a full prequel either as the timeline will fall in between the start of events shown in the first film and the conclusion of events. The film will focus on the days immediately following the virus overtake of NY and Dr. Neville’s fight for survival.
I really enjoyed “I Am Legend”, though the alternate ending would have made the film much, much better for its exploration of the monsters’ lingering humanity. With confirmation that director Francis Lawrence and Will Smith would be returning I’m very interested to see how this develops.
Source: FirstShowingDid You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Hollywood Hills on Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Recent Posts from On The Flix:
- New Doctor Strange UK Featurette Movie Clip Hit The Net
- New NCIS New Orleans Season 3,Premiere Episode 1 Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net
- New Rogue One Movie Pic Features Jyn Erso All Bound Up
- New Walking Dead Season 7 Negan Spoiler Promo Clip Released
- Dancing With The Stars Season 23 Celebs & Pro Dance Partners Revealed